- a distributed system of underground induction antennas and readers which form a network of control boundaries—a basis for ITS applications;
- vehicles are identified by means of the electronic license plate—a specialized passive transponder conforming to ISO-15693 (18000-3) standard.
- provides valid and reliable information about moving vehicles that can be utilized by more sophisticated ITS;
- does not require bulky infrastructure (gantries, turnpikes, etc.);
- system scalability depends on ITS applications: traffic management, traffic regulations enforcement, parking and toll road;
- does not violate driver's privacy;
- has low maintenance costs;
- safe for people and animals.
traffic management, traffic regulations enforcement, parking and toll road management