Employee - Full Time
DETAILS ON THIS JOB OPENING:
Supports the research and development of RFID based products and applications needed to meet the growth objectives of the Leisure and Entertainment business unit.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support development of new product ideas and processes that add value to current and target customer bases and markets.
- Support field sales opportunities by providing input on project scope, risk assessments, system integration and cost estimates.
- Keep abreast of developments in competitive RFID products and technologies.
- Develop and implement a plan for prototype/pilot production and obtain capital outlays approval.
- Develop prototypes for in-house testing and customer evaluations.
- Specify and purchase new materials, testing instruments and required production equipment, when required.
- Research, test and qualify new raw materials and processes.
- Monitor field testing of RFID products or systems and recommend improvements, as required.
- Document product requirements, specifications, test results and qualification parameters for new products, materials and hardware.
- Consult with patent attorneys in development of intellectual property for RFID products or applications.
- Stay current with technology and market developments by attending trade shows that feature new RFID technology and competitive products.
- Keep up to date with RFID applications in the industry and with emerging or disruptive technologies via trade publications, news groups, system integrators, and solution partners.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Engineering (Material Sciences, Mechanical, Electronic, Physics, Chemistry) and five (5) or more years of experience in RF technology.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB:
- Experience creating simulations or models of RFID systems and have sufficient RF testing experience to interpret data and provide knowledge-based recommendations.
- Sufficient experience or knowledge of Microsoft Visual Basic and Microsoft Visual C programming languages, including the use and manipulation of SQL databases, as needed to interface effectively with third-party software developers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information verbally and respond to questions.
- Must possess strong computer skills/knowledge, project planning skills, and be results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.