Apple Opportunity - RF System Integration Engineer (RF Calibration)
Employee - Full Time
DETAILS ON THIS JOB OPENING:
RF System Integration Engineer (RF Calibration Engineer)
Candidate will develop and optimize RF automation systems used on Apple’s newest products including iPhones, iPods, iPads and others for different wireless technologies.
- Candidate should be well versed with different wireless technologies ranging from 10 MHz to 10 GHz range.
- Candidate will contribute to a multi-facetted software suite based on C.
- Candidate will interpret wireless standards documents to write automated software to exercise wireless devices.
Furthermore, the candidate will analyze results in conjunction with RF Hardware and RF System Engineering teams to identify and root cause issues.
- Excellent fundamentals in Electro-magnetic Induction design
- Excellent fundamentals and work experience programming in one or more of C, C++, Objective-C
- Knowledge of design using RF discrete components
- Knowledge of relevant NFC standards ISO 14443A/B, ISO 18092
- Knowledge of RF lab equipment including: base station simulators, power sensors, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, switch controllers, combiners
- Knowledge of basic lab equipment including: oscilloscopes, network analyzers, protocol analyzers, signal generators
- Energy and drive to thrive in a start-up like environment
- Ability to write and maintain scripts in one or more of these languages: Python, PERL, or Ruby
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts & scalable software design principles are a plus
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB:
- Recent experience in developing RF and Analog front-end design and/or simulations and tests related to filters, tank circuit modeling, amplifiers, LNA’s and antennas.
- Recent experience developing new software applications or drivers on any platform
- Recent experience with current and upcoming wireless RF standards (e.g. NFC, 3GPP, GSM, WCDMA, UMTS, WiFi (802.11), Bluetooth, others)
- Programming against extensible software program architectures
- Implementing non-cellular RF ATE systems
- Power user of test and automation using the latest Rohde & Schwarz, Litepoint, Micropross and Tektronics Equipment. Specifically, experience with testing RF metrics for different technologies.
- Proven track record designing calibration algorithms for Tx Power Transfer, Receiver Sensitivity, RSSI, pre-distortion, IQ mismatch
- Developing/ familiarity with tools that enable high volume manufacturing of these technologies
BSEE required, MSEE preferred