DETAILS ON THIS JOB OPENING:
Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for a Product Consultant focused on the Industrial Identification product lines. Product lines include RFID and Code Reading. This position, based in the East Industrial Sales Region, reports to the PA CI Business Segment and works closely with the East and West Industrial Sales teams, channel partners and systems integrators providing expert consultative support targeting OEMs and end-users. The position supports the East and West Industrial Sales Teams to, identify, nurture and drive Industrial Identification opportunities to closure,execute demand creation activities and help grow Industrial Identification business for Siemens in
The ideal location for this position is Atlanta, Georgia. However, qualified candidates located in any major city on the eastern seaboard are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please go on: https://jobs.usa.siemens-info.com/jobs/155450-GA-Atlanta/Atlanta-GA-Industrial-Identification-Consultant-RFID-CODE-READING?lang=en-US#.V01zvc6kJm8.email
Outward focused, customer oriented and self-motivated individual driven to:
- Focus on targeted accounts for Industrial Identification products and services related opportunities in the East and West Industrial regions.
- Roll out regional and channel partner marketing programs in association with Sales and Marketing teams.
- Support and facilitate ("knowledge transfer") to sales & channel partners, systems integrators, OEMs and end-users.
- Provide consultative support to sales teams, channel partners, systems integrators, OEMs and customers ("technical advice”) relative to Industrial ID products and services.
- Provide support to Sales on pricing, delivery and product issue relative to Industrial Identification.
- Provide pre-sales support for complex technical applications deploying Application Engineer as necessary, and managing the delivery of technical support.
- Support the sales organization to close identified opportunities.
- Conducts/organizes cross functional activities related to training, documentation, tools, sales, marketing, services.
- Guides the development of business plans and product introduction plans on regional basis.
- Provides input into the product development requirements for new products or enhancing existing products.
- Provide feedback on customer requirements and issues as well as competitive intelligence.
- Work with product marketing managers to implement marketing strategies and programs in the region.
- Manage delivery of Applications Engineering support.
- Be the primary point of contact for Siemens Industrial Identification within the East and West sales regions.
- Maintain and track demo equipment to support regional activities.
- Provide project coordination functions for active projects
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB:
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Candidate must have sales and technical experience and basic knowledge of PLC based industrial automation solution sets and architectures.
- Understanding of RFID technologies, 1D/2D code reading and their applications in industrial applications
- Ability to demonstrate the value of Siemens’ Industrial Identification product lines and our unique differentiators [Presentation skills]
- Desire to be the owner and driver for Industrial Identification projects and opportunities in assigned regions
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities and project simultaneously
- Education: BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically 5-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Anticipated travel: 60%
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth understanding of HF and UHF RFID along with 1D/2D code reading
- Familiarity with common industrial applications of RFID and code reading
- Familiarity with local channels to market and of customers in East and West industrial sales region
- Education: BS in engineering discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in competitive account conversions
- Knowledge of industry value chain and typical work practices – Systems Integrators, OEMs, End Users
- Any type of competitive RFID and/or code reading knowledge.
Siemens encourages qualified long-term unemployed individuals to apply for open positions.
Offer of employment with Siemens is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to learn more.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision:
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Provision. Click here to learn more.